[plt-scheme] first request

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 4 08:03:04 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 5:04 AM, Christopher Coleman
<mellowfish at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there an easier way to export a
> loaded module than just writing the definition expressions as strings
> to a file?

Not that I know of. For most values you can use write and read as
inverse operations. This won't work for functions.

> It seems like I would need to know at least all the
> definition labels, which is going to be problematic if the program
> makes new ones that it names itself.

How can you write a Scheme program that refers to bindings that are
not present in the source code? You can't.

[Actually you can but it is generally a very bad idea so I don't think
it will be productive for you to do so while learning more Scheme.]

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.