[plt-scheme] ANN: Fra - Functional Relational Algebra

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 2 16:47:49 EDT 2009

I've just released a package on PLaneT: fra.plt

http://planet.plt-scheme.org/display.ss?package=fra.plt&owner=jaymccarthy

Fra is an implementation of the relational algebra with a database &
query optimizer.

I don't have proper documentation yet, but if you'd like to see what
the code looks like, check out the test suite:

http://planet.plt-scheme.org/package-source/jaymccarthy/fra.plt/1/0/test.ss

High Points:
- Query optimizer (currently not the best, but it is cool to see what it does)

- Full relational algebra support (unlike SQL, I've stayed close to
the mathematical definition)

- Full Scheme value support (relations can contain any Scheme values)

- Full Scheme support for propositions (propositions are lambdas with
attributes as arguments)

--

Why FRA?

One acronym: FR-RA