[plt-scheme] bugs in DivaScheme 1.3

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 2 13:15:56 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 4:25 AM, Benjamin L.Russell
<DekuDekuplex at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to use DivaScheme 1.3 (see
> http://www.cs.brown.edu/research/plt/software/divascheme/) on Windows
> XP Professional, Service Pack 3, to enter the factorial function in
> DrScheme 4.2, but so far, I have encountered the following (rather
> frustrating) bugs:
>
> 1. Every time that I switch tabs in Windows from DrScheme to Firefox
> and back using ALT + TAB, DivaScheme mysteriously switches from
> insertion mode to command mode.

This is intentional in the code: we explicitely switch back from
command mode to insertion mode if the window loses focus.

> 2. When editing a s-expression, if I make a mistake and backtrack,
> often a command prompt window suddenly appears and won't go away.  For
> example, I tried typing the following in DivaScheme:

This is bad.  I'll investigate this tonight.  It may be some weird
interaction with Drscheme 4.2, but I'll need to take a closer look at
it.

Posted on the users mailing list.