[plt-scheme] debugging [mini rant]

From: Mike Eggleston (mikeegg1 at me.com)
Date: Tue Jul 28 20:24:37 EDT 2009

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009, Jens Axel Søgaard might have said:

> 2009/7/28 Paulo J. Matos <pocmatos at gmail.com>:
> > On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 16:12 -0500, Mike Eggleston wrote:
>
> >> Is there a command line debugger in mzscheme?
>
> > - Is a command line debugger planned?
>
> I am curious, do you use debuggers in other programming environments?
> If so, in which situations do you find them useful?

When I write a perl script or C program I use 'perl -d' or gdb respectively from inside vi. My first unix job was on the IBM RT, then AIX PS/2 1.0, then IBM RS6000. Using tty and the command line is important to me as a developer and as a sys admin it is vital since I guarantee I have ssh access to my machines and only resort to GUI (VPN and RDP or X) when there is absolutely no alternative.

Mike

Posted on the users mailing list.