[plt-scheme] No ODBC for DrScheme?

From: misterlight (mister.light at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 17 02:05:20 EDT 2009

On 7/16/09, Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>[...]
> That's the current situation. If one were to write a new ODBC driver
> it would be simplest to use the foreign.ss FFI.
>
> HTH,
> N.

Thank you Noel. Since I'm on Windows, at first I thought I could use
something like COM objects with MysterX (I don't know if there is
something available for database connection), but the FFI you mention
is interesting.
I started reading the documentation and found the appropriate DLL on
my pc. Supposing that I'd like to try it, since I have no experience
at all with FFI, are there some "standard steps" that you suggest to
follow?

Kind regards,
ml

Posted on the users mailing list.