[plt-scheme] Re: Standard module resolver issue

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 3 13:43:27 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Paulo J. Matos<pocmatos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Part of some software I have, is about generating code in runtime as a
> unit, loading it, linking the unit and executing and if I run
> everything in DrScheme it works perfectly. As soon as I compile it
> with mzc and run it, I get:
> standard-module-name-resolver: collection not found:
> #<path:scheme/lang> in any of:
> (#<path:/home/sorgematos/eboc/collects>)
>
>  === context ===
> loop
>
> Any suggestions where the problem lies?

Interestingly enough, after soft linking
/home/sorgematos/eboc/collects
to the PLT collects directory, I get:
define-compound-unit: unit argument expects an untagged import with
signature search^, which this usage context does not supply

 === context ===
/usr/local/lib/plt/collects/mzlib/private/unit-runtime.ss:66:4: loop
/usr/local/lib/plt/collects/mzlib/private/unit-runtime.ss:132:2: check-sigs
/home/sorgematos/eboc/src/modes/esmc-mode.scm:45:35
loop

I am not really understanding the best way to distribute my program.

It's doing the following:
Generating a scheme file with a unit. This file is loaded through
dynamic-require and the unit is obtained. It is then linked and
invoked. Everything works perfectly inside DrScheme. When compiling it
with mzc, I get first the collects problem and then the one above
which I don't really understand.

Can someone tip me off on how to solve this and the best way to deploy
a program like this one? Should I distribute with my program the whole
plt collects directory?

Cheers,

Paulo Matos

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocmatos at gmail.com