[plt-scheme] Log "every change in" Definitions and Interactions...

From: "M. Fatih Köksal" (fkoksal at cs.bilgi.edu.tr)
Date: Mon Jan 26 06:58:50 EST 2009

Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
> I am going to hazard a guess that Fatih meant was actually the former:
> for instance, check whether people are typing the recipe steps first
> and working methodically, or only entering it at the last minute
> before turning in the solution.  (It would be interesting to hear
> whether those who do the former do in fact do better than those who do
> the latter!)

Exactly...
We evaluated the final exams, where the students are assigned two
questions, and we graded every step of Design Recipe. Using "R", we
conducted a linear model analysis. R says, template and tests are most
significant, meaning that students who did the template and the tests
properly, also wrote fully functional code.

Or, vice versa :) Since we don't know whether they did the code first
and then the template, test, etc. we want to record every change and
replay the session of the student. This will strengthen our case. Using
this technique I can tag the students submissions according to the
order of the application of design steps, then use this extra
information for the analysis.

M. Fatih Köksal
İstanbul Bilgi University
Computer Science Department