[plt-scheme] Hit People Over the Head with HtDP

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon Jan 19 18:01:36 EST 2009

I've been through phases of advocacy, but the languages advocacy space
is *so saturated* with wanking from narrow experience that the
marketplace of ideas is more like a sleazy bathhouse.

My attitude now, having been doing this for decades, is one of no longer
being interested in 99% of people's perspectives on languages or
software development.  "*Read this one document*, and ask on the list if
you get stuck anywhere.  Or don't, but stop telling me about your
'python' and your navel-gazing theories.  I'm all set with that myself." :)

> On Jan 19, 2009, at 16:29, Grant Rettke wrote:
>> Have you [Neil] found some successful ways to communicate, or convince,
>> experienced programmers that there is something for them to learn with
>> HtDP?
>> Most "experienced programmers" tend to be convinved that there is
>> nothing left to learn but new APIs and frameworks.

Posted on the users mailing list.