[plt-scheme] New Here

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Mon Jan 19 12:50:03 EST 2009

Seen HtDP already?
Or learning scheme in fixnum days.
There is a lot of stuff for free. Google a little bit.
This list takes questions of students and auto didacting people serious, so is my experience.
Welcome to this list (although I am just a plain subscriber of this list)
Dont't stick to one introduction only. I have good experience with reading several introductions in parallel (in IT and other studies)
Things depend on your goals, of course:
- do you know any other programming language already?
- what is your mathematical background?
- Do you want to learn programming or to learn about theories on programming? May be both (as I would suggest)
SICP is a great book, but whether or not it is a good starting point depends on your goals and foreknowledge.
Jos.