[plt-scheme] Another MysterX patch: GetActiveObject functionality

From: Filipe Cabecinhas (filcab at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 19 10:39:31 EST 2009

Hi all,

I've made a small MysterX patch to add GetActiveObject functionality.
With this patch, if you want to get hold of an Excel.Application object
(for example), you don't have to go to the trouble to create one of
those objects if Excel is running (and it will take a small fraction of
the time).

I'm using MysterX to automate AutoCAD through MzScheme and AutoCAD takes
around 1 minute (or more) to start using cci/coclass. For what I'm
doing, I can just take the running AutoCAD application, and that (with
GetActiveObject) will take only 0.5 seconds ;-)

This patch adds two functions:
com-get-active-object-from-coclass
and its short name: cgao/coclass
I can live without the short name, I just thought about abbreviating it
like cci/coclass.

Regards,