Fwd: [plt-scheme] Volunteers: help with Moby!

From: Sigrid Keydana (keydana at gmx.de)
Date: Sat Jan 17 01:57:20 EST 2009

Hi Danny,

thanks a lot for the detailed explanations! That helped a lot.

I will also definitely read the PLAI book, in fact it's exactly
something I've been looking for!

[At the moment I'm in the middle of "Design Concepts in Programming
Languages", which I like a lot - even though it's been hard to get into
at first when you've never been a student of computer science but just a
self-taught career-changer and have never heard of "denotational
semantics" before -, it's very fascinating but what I was searching for
was also something more practical about parsing and compiling.
Which was why I just now started the Aho Compiler book in-between which
at least in the new edition seems more practical, but here I'm already
missing all the scheme/functional stuff I'm used to/addicted to since
SICP...
So I'll definitely read this now!]

Have a nice weekend and thanks again,
Sigrid