[plt-scheme] PLT projects waiting for contributors?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 8 08:04:40 EST 2009

At Wed, 07 Jan 2009 19:55:14 +0100, Sigrid Keydana wrote:
> So my question is, are there any PLT projects that need contributors
> (and can afford taking in people who are not so experienced yet)?

We could use some image-file libraries:

 * reading GIF files (we already have a library for writing)

 * reading and writing BMP files

 * reading and writing XPM & XBM files

All of these format are currently built into MrEd using C code, but the
code is ugly and we'd like to get rid of it. Also, these image formats
are fairly simple.

(In contrast, I would not recommend re-implementing JPEG or PNG
processing in Scheme, because they're complex, and the existing C
libraries work well.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.