[plt-scheme] Arbitrary TTF fonts in MrEd

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 7 09:06:04 EST 2009

At Wed, 07 Jan 2009 01:29:29 +0100, Jakub Piotr Cłapa wrote:
> As far as I understand it is impossible to use arbitrary (supplied with
> the application; without a system-wide installation) TTF fonts in MrEd?
>
> I undertand that there were some supported platforms in the past which
> didn't support TTF fonts at all and that it is good to look as native as
> possible but I hope to achive some more consistent visual style on
> Win32, OS X and modern Linux in an industrial automation app in which I
> won't even use native widgets.
>
> Would such a thing be difficult to add?

I don't know.

My guess is that each platform provides a function that takes a
filename containing a TTF font, and it adds the font to the set
available for the application to use. If that's right, then maybe you
could use `scheme/foreign' to call the function, and then you could use
the font name as a "face" in the `font%' world.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.