[plt-scheme] Errors from Snooze Quick Start

From: Henk Boom (lunarc.lists at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 6 20:56:14 EST 2009

2009/1/6 Dave Gurnell <d.j.gurnell at gmail.com>:
> However, the unparenthesised approach requires further thought. One approach
> would be to store a default alias in the entity metadata and lift entities
> and accessor procedures at run-time (neat but slower):
>   (sql:select #:what (list person-name) #:from (sql:inner person ...)))

I'm not sure what you mean by 'lift' in this context. The
implementation I was thinking of was to give aliases (which I assume
are structs) the prop:procedure property so that they act as
accessors, and use those as a replacement for the original accessors.
That surely has a run-time cost as well though.

> Thank you for the injection of fresh ideas!

It was fun, I hope they are helpful!

    Henk

Posted on the users mailing list.