[plt-scheme] Generating Java source from Scheme

From: Dave Gurnell (d.j.gurnell at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 6 20:38:07 EST 2009

On 7 Jan 2009, at 00:36, David Van Horn wrote:

> Dave Gurnell wrote:
>> I'm looking for a way of generating Java source code from Scheme.
>> Does anyone know of any libraries that might be useful for?
>
> Are you asking for a Scheme source to Java source translator, or a
> Scheme library for writing Java source files?
>
> If the former, maybe you want a full-bore Scheme-to-Java compiler.
> There's Kawa -- but I don't know if it goes source-to-source, it may
> be a source-to-bytecode compiler.

It's the latter. I want to generate Java stubs from Scheme data
structures. It's so I can set up some RPC calls between Java and
Scheme code (specifically, GWT applications and a Snooze-based data
server).

>> Perhaps there's something in Professor-J that could help?
>
> Professor-J is going from Java to Scheme, so I doubt it.

And Matthias agrees with so I'll assume that alley is a dead end :)

-- Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.