[plt-scheme] Generating Java source from Scheme

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 6 19:36:25 EST 2009

Dave Gurnell wrote:
> I'm looking for a way of generating Java source code from Scheme. Does
> anyone know of any libraries that might be useful for?

Are you asking for a Scheme source to Java source translator, or a
Scheme library for writing Java source files?

If the former, maybe you want a full-bore Scheme-to-Java compiler.
There's Kawa -- but I don't know if it goes source-to-source, it may be
a source-to-bytecode compiler.

What kind of requirements do you have?  Does it have to be a complete
and featured Scheme?  Does code need to operate with arbitrary Java
code?  If the answer to both is no, you could take any textbook
treatment of a Scheme (or FL) compiler and map it into Java by hand.

> Perhaps there's something in Professor-J that could help?

Professor-J is going from Java to Scheme, so I doubt it.

David

Posted on the users mailing list.