[plt-scheme] on which programming languages best to spend your time?

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Thu Feb 26 15:28:12 EST 2009

Sigrid:  There are very few people who can learn all these languages
at once.  Even geniuses I know who pick up a new language in a few
hours or days really focus on one language at a time.  I suggest going
through the book How To Design Programs ( http://www.htdp.org/ ) using
DrScheme.  The book will help you learn good software design habits
that will do you good no matter what language you end up using later.

In General:  Something about technology and the Internet pulls us in a
zillion directions at once.  I think we all find ourselves spread thin
reading too many technical materials simultaneously, something I don't
do when reading literature.  When reading literature, I start a book
and finish it, I feel relief and/or accomplishment when I'm done, and
I tend to remember the story better.

Geoff

Posted on the users mailing list.