[plt-scheme] [ANN] Heist: a Scheme interpreter in Ruby

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Wed Feb 25 09:03:24 EST 2009

Matthias wrote:

>> ... you might find it worthwhile to peruse the relevant chapter of
>> > my PL book, PLAI (www.plai.org), or the superior EoPL
>> > (www.google.com).
>
> Shriram's being coy. PLAI is every bit as good as EOPL. I know! He
> started from my lectures  :-)  -- Matthias

Both are worthwhile for this purpose, but I would recommend PLAI first,
as it uses lambdas to construct its continuations, and then EOPL, which
uses a data structure representation of continuations (leaving the
lambda representation to an exercise). The data structure representation
is better suited for implementation in languages lacking functions as
first-class values, but it's harder to understand. --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.