[plt-scheme] [ANN] Heist: a Scheme interpreter in Ruby

From: James Coglan (jcoglan at googlemail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 25 03:49:48 EST 2009

> You might actually learn a lot from receiving, understanding, and
> installing patches.  Or from merging other peoples' branches (I'm not
> sure what terminology is conventional with git).

Of course, I'm not denying that, would just like to get as far as possible
by myself first. Obviously I've picked up ideas from other implementors
already, but personally I need to solve a problem myself first before I
really understand the solution -- reading other people's code doesn't show
you all the stuff they tried that didn't work, and this is often really
valuable experience.