[plt-scheme] Call for Participation: Writing Typed Scheme wrapper modules

From: Sam TH (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 24 16:05:58 EST 2009

Typed Scheme is a language for writing PLT Scheme programs that are
statically checked for type errors.  Right now, Typed Scheme handles a
large portion of the PLT Scheme language.  However, to use Typed
Scheme effectively, we need libraries that work with it.  For this
task, we're looking for help.

We'd like volunteers for writing wrapper modules that adapt untyped
libraries to Typed Scheme. This task is very easy for the smallest
libraries, but can be much more complicated for larger, complex
libraries.

There's a preliminary guide for conversion at:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/samth/adapt/

which also has a list of modules to adapt, and their current status:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/samth/adapt/Current_Status.html

Further discussion should be on plt-dev at list.cs.brown.edu , and
questions or comments can be sent directly to me.

We hope to continue making Typed Scheme into a useful tool for PLT
Scheme programmers.

Thanks,
Sam, Stevie, and Matthias
samth at ccs.neu.edu