[plt-scheme] DrScheme frustration

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at mac.com)
Date: Sun Feb 22 12:26:08 EST 2009

On Feb 22, 2009, at 10:10 AM, e wrote:

> i gotcha.  I guess the advantage of mousing around, though, is that
> it's universal across IDE's and languages.

Yup.  It amazing how a few simple concepts can allow so much universal
utility.  It is also true that a few favorite key combinations can
increase productivity.  For example, some allow you to jump around by
s-expression, rather than toiling with individual letters.

> You don't show up at someone's house or job and go, "I can't work
> without my favorite editor".  Might be cool if you could go to a
> previous line, edit it, hit return wherever you are in the line, and
> then, it goes back to the way it was or something, but "it's all
> good".  I'm just jumping in all out of order is my problem.

It doesn't sound like you have a problem!  Your thoughts are ones we
all have.  Until computers can read our minds directly, we have to
deal with pesky editing conventions :)

rac