[plt-scheme] newbie: web server tutorial questions

From: e (eviertel at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 21 12:43:53 EST 2009

Jay,

I've modified the code some . . . really still hacking . . . messing with
the html forms, etc.

What I'm wondering is if you have any suggestions where to go from here.

For example, the blog body is now a textarea, and any carriage returns are
saved to the sqlite db.  But, even though the body is in a (p) section, when
they are rendered back to the blog later, the browser ignores them.  Should
I look into a way to do find and replace in scheme to put in <br> tags?

Also, when making a post, single quotes are not allowed because sqlite gets
confused.  Again, find-and-replace could be used to modify the input, but
this seems like a naive way to proceed.

I'm thinking I should with another suggestion you've made before doing any
more, and continue through the Snooze example.

I could also go even more basic and try to make my way farther into the
PLT-Scheme manual.

... mind you, I'm a novice to any sort of web development, at all -- besides
being new to scheme.  It (the former, at least) seems a lot lot lot harder
than algorithms development to me since there's so much "magic" going on.

Thanks.