[plt-scheme] (warning: off topic, no Scheme or even CS involved)

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 21 12:29:40 EST 2009

On Feb 21, 2009, at 12:23 PM, Prabhakar Ragde wrote:

> Matthias Felleisen wrote:
>
>> I have serious doubts when people call these guys 'thinkers.'  It
>> blows my mind, however, that the left traces back its modern 1960s
>> thinking to a straight Nazi.
>
> Out of bounds, Matthias. You are speaking of one small segment of
> people to the left of you. There are dark corners, and apologists
> for them, everywhere on the political spectrum. --PR

My point is that you shouldn't find Nazi-apologist on the left, the
leading intellectual on-campus left (in the sense of academic left,
not lefties who work on campus). I would expect some such lefties to
defend the Stalinist death camps, just like right-wing nuts say that
Hitler didn't exist. -- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.