[plt-scheme] Check for function equality? (warning: off topic, no Scheme involved)

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 21 11:59:17 EST 2009

On Feb 21, 2009, at 11:00 AM, David Yrueta wrote:

> confirming the prejudice in liberal arts students like myself
> against anything with a mathematical flavor, and discouraging any
> real thought on the subject of these problems.

There is a comment on our side of the campus: the only chance for a
broad understanding of the world rests with people from over here. We
have the chance to understand the "mathematics" ___and___ the
philosophy (implies, not equivalent!), while the guys on the other
side of campus will never comprehend our side.

> the mystical pronouncements of modern thinkers like Heidegger,
> Derrida, Foucault, etc.

I have serious doubts when people call these guys 'thinkers.'  It
blows my mind, however, that the left traces back its modern 1960s
thinking to a straight Nazi.

(But thanks for mentioning HtDP as a book in the same paragraph as
these guys).

> By the way, has anyone out there used / heard of "Tarski's World."
> It a logic study program.  I was thinking of taking it up with a
> friend.

Good fun. Tackle it next, after finishing HtDP. -- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.