[plt-scheme] Drscheme boost programs performance

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Thu Feb 19 09:53:13 EST 2009

Nice to hear this. For a moment this thread worried me, for I always run
from DrScheme (usually debugging switched off and modules first compiled
with managed-compile-zo and debugging switched off) I hate typing shell
commands and I love the simple way PLT Scheme can be downloaded/installed
and the way DrScheme can be used without having to worry about shell
scripts/commands (untill a decade ago I was an expert in producing reliable
scripts, though)

>From time to time, I experience severe slow downs too, but they can always
be tracked down to Fsecure and HP-digital-monitor (under Windows XP that is)
Even in a completely clean system, without any application running, they
sometimes consume 25% of CPU time. When I really want all of my CPU, I first
restart my system without connection to any network and without printer,
virus protection and firewall.
Thanks, Jos