[plt-scheme] Functional vs Imperative Parallel Programming

From: Carnell, James E (jecarnell at saintfrancis.com)
Date: Wed Feb 18 09:13:39 EST 2009

I am asking a question way beyond where I am at as a programmer. I
didn't know what imperative and functional programming was until I
started reading about it last night (I have a degree in MIS too?). I am
starting to get interested in parallel programming and after reading
about functional programming it seems that functional programming would
be easier on the patience and programming skills of a parallel
programmer. I know there probably isn't a quick answer, but that was my
guess.

Posted on the users mailing list.