[plt-scheme] Re: Newbie question: Why "orange text, black background" after Run?

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobryan at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 17 21:37:28 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 7:54 AM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> I believe it cannot be disabled for the teaching languages.
>
> I've added a little bit of explanation to the teaching languages
> manuals. Below is the raw source text for that. Comments welcome.
>
> Robby
>
> The languages documented in this manual are provided by DrScheme to be
> used with the @italic{@link["http://www.htdp.org/"]{How to Design
> Programs}} book.
>
> When programs in these languages are run in DrScheme, any part of the
> program that was not run is highlighted in orange and black. These
> colors are intended to give the programmer feedback about the parts of
> the program that have not been tested. To avoid seeing these colors,
> use @scheme[check-expect] to test your program. Of course, just
> because you see no colors, does not mean that your program has been
> fully tested; it simply means that each part of the program been run
> (at least once).

Would you people quit changing things willy-nilly? I've now had to
revise my jokes...

When the untested code was red, I told students "That red text is your
grade bleeding."

Now I've decided on "When the text is black and orange, it should
remind you of Halloween. Untested code is scary!" :-)

Todd

Posted on the users mailing list.