[plt-scheme] cannot use drscheme (collection paths are empty) (Satux Linux)

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Feb 14 17:07:41 EST 2009

On Feb 14, Emilio wrote:
> I installed DrScheme 4.1.4 on Satux Linux
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-shared
> make
> sudo make install
>
> No problems at all, mzscheme works without problems but drscheme is
> giving me a hard time.

If MzScheme works fine, then it was able to find the collections.  The
problem is probably in the plt preferences being corrupt somehow.  (I
think that there was a bug report recently about this problem.)  You
can try to remove the preferences (in ~/.plt-scheme/plt-prefs.ss)
before you start DrScheme.