[plt-scheme] Newbie Lambda( ) (???????????)

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 13 14:23:12 EST 2009

Jesus, just to make sure. In case you have studied calculus,
functions returning functions is very old. For example,

   d/dx : (Real -> Real) -> (Real -> Real)

Conventional mathematicians, though, tend to be afraid of the concept
and therefore call these things 'operators' and 'functionals' and
other hideous names.

Now you are ahead of these people. You have taken the first step to a
land where all this is easy to understand, normal, and

  .. HIGHLY PRODUCTIVE.

(Think callbacks for GUIs and such stuff.)

-- Matthias