[plt-scheme] Installing the Simply Scheme package?

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 11 13:12:18 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Ambjörn Elder <ambjornelder at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a beginner with Scheme trying to install the Simply Scheme package
> written by Danny Yoo to use with the Simply Scheme book.   I'm running into
> some problems and I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

Hi Ambjorn,

Ok, I've identified and fixed the problem.  It wasn't actually an
issue with simply-scheme.  Rather, one of its dependencies
(version-case) had a regression that I introduced.  I've now corrected
the bug.  [aside: and now I finally see why quote-syntax is
important!]

You may need to clear out your PLaneT cache so that your system uses
the newest version-case library.  After you do this, try repeating the
line:

    (require (planet "tool.ss" ("dyoo" "simply-scheme.plt")))

and this time, simply-scheme should install fine.

Thanks for letting me know about the problem!

Posted on the users mailing list.