[plt-scheme] Player/Stage (robot simulator) bindings

From: Matt Jadud (jadudm at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 9 09:57:24 EST 2009

Hi Noel,

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu> wrote:
> We've actually just been talking to a student here.  But I don't know of
> anyone else who has.

I've worked with Player/Stage from another language, but not Scheme.
It should be straight-forward. At least, the polling-based interface
should be straight-forward enough. (Granted, polling in robotics
strikes me as the single worst thing you can do...)

Also, consider ROS from Willow Garage---I don't know how far along it
is, but they split everything about robotic control out over XML-RPC.
It is being developed by the same individual who drove the development
of Player/Stage. I think XML-RPC is probably a bad idea in robotics,
but it might make interacting with an equivalent system easier
depending on your performance needs.

Or not.

Cheers,
Matt