[plt-scheme] [OT] mac problem

From: Mike Eggleston (mikeegg1 at me.com)
Date: Sun Feb 8 16:58:32 EST 2009

Morning,

Well, my ISP is having severe issues so I can't surf for an answer.

Here is a message I'll send to the apple boards when I get enough
bandwidth for a browser. I hope this message makes it back through
to the list.

-----------------------

Morning,

I'm on a fully patched (no patches applied today) Macbook Pro, 15",
10.5.6 and I'm trying to run TaxCut 2008. I have installed and
removed TaxCut 2008 multiple times. When I start TaxCut it displays
the first window (starting a return) with question marks instead
of graphic buttons. When I click on the import previous tax return
botton it says 'failure reading the compressed xml format'. This
sounds like maybe a java error. Is there a way to downlevel my
installed java?

Is there something else that could be causing this issue?

My daughter's computer, iMac 24", 10.5.6, fully patched, does run
this program without error. What's going on with my laptop?

Mike