[plt-scheme] Re: animation projects, video-game and not

From: Raoul Duke (raould at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 6 13:06:57 EST 2009

hi,

>> + FRP style things -- anything by Conal Elliott, the Yampa stuff
> How do you think this would differ from universe/world programming? Also
> both are merely frameworks in the style of universe. What concrete examples
> do you have in mind?

sorry if i came across misleadingly -- i meant only that there are
more projects and people who have code / blogs / papers about the
overarching topic. i have found some to be more able to give me an "ah
hah!" moment than others, so personally it always helps to have a
range of things to look at. (also, even when things are similar, it is
interesting to think about what actually does make them subtly
different.) and, some folks have particular programming language
biases.

but overall, i say the more the merrier, and hopefully the field can
grow and improve and teach all those imperative whipper-snappers a
thing or two some day. :-)

sincerely.

Posted on the users mailing list.