[plt-scheme] behaviour of void?

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Thu Feb 5 20:47:42 EST 2009

Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
 >> How about a chat server?
> Or Eliza-over-the-network.

A few years ago, you folks provided a small teachpack to one of the
TeachScheme! workshops that did TCP connect/send/receive. I used that to
set my students a chat program exercise, where the chat was between two
DrScheme interaction windows on different machines. Graphics in this
case would be gilding the lily, as would running Eliza over the network
instead of on one machine. Do we really have to tart things up in order
to sell them to students? (I'm sorry if I'm being curmudgeonly. When I
tell my students that Facebook Chat was written in Erlang, they perk up.
But that doesn't mean I want them programming Facebook Chat in my
course.) --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.