[plt-scheme] Jane Street Summer Project 2009

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Sun Feb 1 19:31:02 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> Everyone, this is a great chance to get infrastructure for
> PLT Scheme and get paid for it too. If you have a project in
> mind, let me encourage you to post here so that we can discuss
> it and the possibility of funding it through JSP. -- Matthias

Adding "Eclipse-like" IDE functionality to DrScheme.

DrScheme already exposes the functionality that "most programmers"
would expect; but it does so in a manner different than how most would
expect it to: namely it provides the name dropdown and the module
browser, debugger, and macro expander.

A typical IDE set up might include the notion of a project, a file
browser, a module browser, a class browser.

This has been discussed before; but it seems relevant to JSSP's goals
of "encourag[ing] growth in the functional programming community". I
guess the question is of the means by which we encourage that growth.

Posted on the users mailing list.