[plt-scheme] on the absence of some strftime

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 28 16:35:25 EST 2009

Let's see. Do you want the basic functionality of creating a "date
string" like this

> > (date->string (seconds->date (current-seconds)) #t)
> "Monday, December 28th, 2009 4:31:30pm"

(use (require scheme/date)) or do you really want the strftime function
and we don't have it? In that case, I'd say this would be a wonderful
contribution to PLaneT using the existing pieces -- after changing
the function's signature to

 strftime : Format Date -> String

because the allocation part of strftime is irrelevant to PLT.

-- Matthias