[plt-scheme] Web programming .

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 28 12:08:16 EST 2009

I think the difference you're getting at is that because the PLT
template system is more powerful, there is less that you can do with
it externally. The PLT templates are not necessarily XML, so it
doesn't make sense to parse them and analyze them as if they were. PLT
templates are simple Scheme programs that when run produce the text
you want, but they have a convenient syntax (thanks to Eli primarily)
for primarily text documents.

If you wanted you could enforce upon yourself the restriction that
your templates were actually XML and parse them, but I'm still not
sure what you feel that that (or Genshi) would do for you.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>
http://teammccarthy.org/jay