[plt-scheme] Re: plt-scheme type of language

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 11 11:58:49 EST 2009

On Dec 11, 2009, at 11:47 AM, Artyom Shalkhakov wrote:

> (To make it clear, having read PLAI and done the exercises, I have
> many
> questions of the "why"/"why not" sort -- and those you've raised, and
> I don't know which books to follow.)

This is fair and I take half the blame as a non-co-author.
I voiced just this kind of complaint when I first studied
this kind of course (A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Meta-Universe)
and I could and should have fixed this consistently -- but alas,
after one or two courses that tried this, I went back to the old
mold. Just show them the right way, there are too many ways to
do things wrong, and too many silly arguments to take apart.

Posted on the users mailing list.