[plt-scheme] 2 books

From: keydana at gmx.de (keydana at gmx.de)
Date: Fri Dec 11 09:55:28 EST 2009

Hi all,

the "one eyed man" thread reminded me of a question I'd wanted to ask for some time - I'd very much like to know your
opinions on two books which I thought might be "authoritative", but have not yet seen mentioned on this list (well, I could
have missed it of course):

http://www.amazon.com/Design-Concepts-Programming-Languages-Franklyn/dp/0262201755/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books-intl-de&qid=1260542775&sr=8-1

and

http://www.amazon.com/Concepts-Techniques-Models-Computer-Programming/dp/0262220695/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books-intl-de&qid=1260542477&sr=8-1

I've bought both of them, but have not touched the second yet (because this would take quite some time to read). Regarding the first one, I read the first 200 pages or so
but had problems understanding, so I decided to read PLAI first and perhaps come back to it later.

I'd like to know what you think of these books?

Thanks for any replies,
Sigrid

Posted on the users mailing list.