[plt-scheme] Re: new bug test results for the intermittent file explorer hanging problem previously reported

From: Benjamin L.Russell (DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 9 09:13:25 EST 2009

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 09:00:07 +0100, Laurent
<laurent.orseau at gmail.com> wrote:

>You are not alone ;)

Thank goodness!  For many, many months, it was unclear whether my
computers were the only computers in the world with this problem, or
whether they were common to other computers running non-English
versions of Windows XP Professional.  (The discussion gradually turned
into a controversy, which eventually turned in a mini flame war on
another newsgroup a few months ago, with one prominent member of this
mailing list and I exchanging various critical messages.  Whew!  I'm
glad to learn, finally, that my computers were not the only ones with
this problem.)

>I have exactly the same problem on a HP laptop with Vista SP1 (french) and
>whatever version of DrScheme.
>On my XP SP2 or SP3 though, there is no problem.

I see.  Unfortunately, the problem continues with the Japanese version
of XP Pro with SP2 and SP3, on at least three different computers that
I have tried.  If you come up with a solution to the Vista SP1
(French) bug, could you please post it in this thread (or in a private
e-mail message if this thread eventually gets deleted)?  Perhaps a
solution to the Vista (French) problem will work for the XP SP3
(Japanese) problem as well.  Then I can use all the features of
DrScheme without worrying about losing my flow of concentration every
time I need to load or save a different file.

-- Benjamin L. Russell