[plt-scheme] [OT] FriendFeed

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Aug 26 10:22:13 EDT 2009

On Aug 26, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> On Aug 25, Jon Rafkind wrote:
> > I sent two emails (not including this one) to the PLT list today
> > and both times got a response from friendfeed. What is this thing?
> > I only seem to get a response from friendfeed when I send emails
> > to the PLT list.
>
> If anyone sees such problems, please forward the offending email to
> me.  I need the *complete* set of headers.

As for this particular case, just replying got me a sample...

It looks like someone has set up a FriendFeed group (whatever that
is), and FriendFeed is stupid enough[*] to reply to each an every
poster directly.  Whoever set this thing up, please contact me asap.

[
[*] There is a reason there, of course -- you force more people to get
to your web site, which means that you have more chances of getting
people to subscribe.  But the real stupidity is people not realizing
that pissing people off is not a great way to have them subscribe.
For some reason, decades of success stories from sites that are strict
about not annoying you (eg, google with no flash ads) are ignored over
and over again.
]