[plt-scheme] run a setup module during planet package install

From: Stephen Bloch (sbloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 21 07:33:10 EDT 2009

On Aug 21, 2009, at 2:16 AM, YC wrote:

> is there a way to run a setup script with installing of a planet
> package, so the setup script can do additional processing?

My tiles and sb-world packages are installed with
(require (planet "install.ss" ...))
which gets the thing from the PLaneT server and then runs
"install.ss".  Ordinarily when you "require" a file, it's just a
bunch of defines and provides, but there's no rule that the file
can't also do things; mine writes a short file into the installed-
teachpacks directory.

I suspect this isn't the way PLaneT and "require" are supposed to be
used, but it seems to work.

Steve Bloch

Posted on the users mailing list.