[plt-scheme] DrScheme as alternative to Matlab

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 11 18:29:04 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:43 PM, Matthias
Felleisen<matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> You'd need quite a few libraries. Matlab's libraries are wide and varied.
> Then again, this would be a really neat open source project for DrScheme. Do
> Matlab assignments and create DrScheme analogues. I bet some people on the
> list might wish to help -- Matthias

I reiterate what Matthias said and suggest to Jason that as he goes
along with Matlab in his classes create a webpage of the
datastructures and functions over those that would be required (a
technical todo list). This would be a simple way of someone picking up
one of these items and implementing it quickly to add it to the
project. Since matlab is, I guess, a big language, it is better the
burden with the community than thinking of doing it as a whole in a
go.

I would guess that some of the items of that todo list would be just
importing and reexporting particular functions already available in
portage.