[plt-scheme] arglist-on-space?

From: Lee Spector (lspector at hampshire.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 10 19:19:01 EDT 2009

Is there any way to get "arglist-on-space" behavior in DrScheme or any
editor working with PLT scheme? What I mean by this is that when you
type the name of a function and then a space the argument list for the
function appears in a mini-buffer (or anywhere -- I just want to see
it). I'd be happy to have this functionality either in an editor (e.g.
the DrScheme definitions pane) or listener (e.g. the DrScheme
interactions pane) or both.

I am a DrScheme/PLT newbie, adopting it for a course I'm teaching in
the fall, but I'm a long-time Common Lisper and this is one of things
I miss most from my favorite CL environments. Next on my list would be
a way to get from a function name to the definition of the function
with a couple of key strokes, rather than searching in files. Both of
these things require the runtime environment to keep information
around that maybe PLT isn't keeping around... but I don't know.

Thanks,

   -Lee

School of Cognitive Science, Hampshire College
893 West Street, Amherst, MA 01002-3359
lspector at hampshire.edu, http://hampshire.edu/lspector/
Phone: 413-559-5352, Fax: 413-559-5438

Check out Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines:
http://www.springer.com/10710 - http://gpemjournal.blogspot.com/

Posted on the users mailing list.