[plt-scheme] web-server: serving web server files within a servlet

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 6 22:01:02 EDT 2009

Hi -

is there an "official" way to re-dispatch the request from a servlet to
serve static files that the web server have access to?

As a example - say that I want to have the servlet to manage all of the
dispatch from root path.  And I want /images/ to point to a file path that
web-server already knows how to handle.  I could of course write my own
custom function to test to see if the path exists, and if so, open up the
file and serve it out, but I am wondering if there is a way for the servlet
to pass the request back to the web-server to serve the static files.  Since
the path is managed by the servlet, then the servlet is responsible to
translate into something that the server will find.

Thanks,
yc