[plt-scheme] Reimplementation of MrEd in Cairo/GTK?

From: Tom Gordon (thomas.gordon at fokus.fraunhofer.de)
Date: Wed Aug 5 11:37:13 EDT 2009

Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at ...> writes:

> So, after that completely useless statement, something helpful.
> Matthew has been rebuilding MrEd on top of Cairo. The code is here:
>
>   http://svn.plt-scheme.org/plt/branches/mflatt/mred-experiment/

Very interesting!  Just Cairo, or also on the foundation of the rest of GTK+?
What seems attractive and promising about GTK to you,
to be worth the trouble of porting MrEd?

There seem to be several efforts underway to implement a GUI
library for Scheme on the basis of GTK.   Ypsilon, for example,
seems to have a fairly complete binding.

Have you considered pooling your efforts?

-Tom Gordon

p.s. As a Mac user, I wonder how long it will take for GTK+
to mature on the Mac platform.  I haven't had much luck getting
 GTK+ applications to compile, let alone run.

Posted on the users mailing list.