[plt-scheme] [ANN] Heist: a Scheme interpreter in Ruby

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 1 10:58:12 EDT 2009

On Jul 31, 2009, at 11:28 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:

> And now coms the obvious fun part -- if there's a bug, not only do you
> not have source location of where the bug is, you need to start
> sifting through random form elements trying to find where is the
> relevant code.

This is not an inherent problem. In DrScheme/BSL, students are
event programming all the time and they do get error locations
and we can provide guidance on how to understand what's going
on. Plus event systems are easier to unit test than thread-base
systems, which is the alternative.

Posted on the users mailing list.