[plt-scheme] Scheme Optimizing Compiler References

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 29 19:14:57 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Not directly regarding to PLT-Scheme but still, I have been reading on
a very old phd thesis (since I found a copy of it in my lab that was
going to be thrown away):
Orbit: an optimizing compiler for Scheme, Kranz, 1988

I am wondering what kind of references follow up on this work.

Moreover, it is said in the beginning of the thesis that conventional
compiler techniques are not 'good' enough for Scheme and that it was
recognized that a compiler model based on continuation passing was
better. Twenty one years after this being written is this still true?
How has it been done with mzc?

I would appreciate a comment on this and if it ends up generating a
discussion, better still! :)

Cheers,

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocmatos at gmail.com
Webpage: http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm