[plt-scheme] Explanation of this piece of code?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat Apr 25 21:58:45 EDT 2009

-gary- wrote at 04/25/2009 09:00 PM:
> If possible, could you please tell me what is going on in this piece of code?

It appears that "get-person" returns a list of lists.

I could point out what look like stylistic problems with the code, but
first you should say why "get-person" returns a list of lists.

Also, if you wrote this code, yet need it explained, I suggest backing
up.  Start DrScheme, type shorter expressions of the code, and see what
they do.

>     `(span
>

> Also, where I marked "***" above, this was an attempt to print out the
> returned values, I realize this is most lilkely incorrect, how would I
> print out these values?

For one thing, you need a "," or ",@" in front of the "mod".  Look up
"quasiquote" in the documentation, which is what that backquote
character is shorthand for.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/