[plt-scheme] dr. scheme frustration

From: Peter Horst (phorst at speakeasy.net)
Date: Sat Apr 25 00:29:08 EDT 2009

Hola, Scheme-people.  I tried installing Dr. Scheme 4.15 today on my
WinXP SP II laptop.  Install went fine, language selection went fine
(tried R5RS and Pretty Big).  But: insert cursor into either definitions
area or interactions area - press any key - boom. "PLT Scheme GUI
application has encountered a problem and needs to close."

It's funny, I spent a bit of time with an extremely friendly developer
on this list a couple of years back for exactly the same issue (I
think), but to no avail.  I haven't tested each intervening release, but
in rough terms I have to go back to 300 or so to find a version that
doesn't bomb out instantly.

Any clue how I might go about sorting this out?  Grazie!

Posted on the users mailing list.